Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Spooky To Do List 2016

       This post was inspired by Sary Walrus's Halloween To Do List 2016 post.

       This year is really up in the air for me. I am moving across the country and going off to college. As a result, I am really not sure what my life will by like by this Halloween.

       Because of that, this list isn't exactly a Halloween to do list. It is a spooky to do list. In other words, this is a list of all of the spooky things I want to make sure I get done between now and Halloween.

  • Halloween in Summer? Halloween in Summer! I want to throw a Halloween party for my friends before I move. That way I still get to celebrate with all of them.
  • Pare down my wardrobe to better fit my look. One good thing about not being able to take everything with me, is that I can make sure I only take the pieces I really love or really need.
  • Make a playlist of all of my current favorite spooky music. This just seems like a fun thing to do.
  • Watch a ton of movies. I want to rewatch old favorites, like Silent Hill, and see some that I have never watched but have always wanted to, like Psycho.
  • Up my makeup game. I finally got some white foundation, so it's time to practice. Need to get my gothy makeup on point in time for school.
  • Catch up on Nightvale. I am so far behind.
  • More art. Journal art? Photography? Poetry? All of it.
  • Acquire a costume. The last few years my costumes have been really last minute. I want to put more thought into it this year.
  • Make myself a pair of horns. I've wanted some for ages now, but I still haven't gotten around to trying any of the tutorials I have found.
  • Stare longingly at new pairs of vampire fangs but probably not actually buy them because I need to save money.
  • Look for Halloween, horror, or art events in the area around my college. I would love to find some horror film festivals.
  • Failing that, spend more time supporting artists online. My art blog, here, is where I reblog artists' work on tumblr.
  • Look for pagan groups in the area. I want to meet some people to celebrate Samhain with.
  • Keep my nails looking nice. I particularly like the blood spattered manicure and burned paper nails.

  • Actually spend Halloween with my partner for the first time ever. They love Halloween just as much as I do (and coincidentally, they just sent me a picture of themselves in a cemetery).

No comments:

Post a Comment