Friday, July 24, 2015

The Darkling Tag

I found this challenge on tumblr and figured it would be a good introductory type thing to do since I'm just getting back into blogging.

Simple Questions:

What is your favorite candle scent?

Vanilla is my favorite easily found scent. Beyond that I like anything that smells like good cologne.

Do you have a favorite book?

-explodes while trying to choose-

Are you a tea or coffee person?

BOTH!

What is your favorite brand and color of lipstick?

Currently I'm loving Kleancolor's Cast of Spell. It's not the highest quality but the color is beautiful.


I was actually wearing it today. It works quite well with my predominantly black and purple outfit. In better lighting it looks more colorful. It almost seems to glow too, the same way white fabric does under a black light.


What is your favorite perfume/cologne?

I don't really have one. The only stuff I own is some off brand cologne I got for a dollar.

Do you have a celebrity crush?

No.

If you had to give up the color black, what color would you choose instead?

My first thought was purple, but grey would be more versatile.

If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be?

When I was little it would have been Thorn because of the Hex Girl by that name. Then for a while I was leaning towards Heather. Now, I'd have to go with Poe.

What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad?

Stay in the shade. Sunblock is your friend. Drink tons of water.

What song will always make you happy?

Point Counterpoint by Streetlight Manifesto or Lucretia my Reflection by Sisters of Mercy

Are you active in the arts?

Yes. Mainly I write and film. I'm even part of a multimedia academy at my school.

If you had a teacup or mug made inscribed just for you, what would you have it say?

They/Them

What is you number one non-gothy hobby?

Uh...I don't know. Is filming stuff a gothy hobby or not?

Thought Provokers:

If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why?

Ok, so I'm stretching the word "supernatural" a bit to include mythological creatures as well. I want to be an elf. I like elves. A lot.

What horror monster-based super power would you have?

Uh...I don't know. I'm having trouble thinking of monster-based super powers at all. Maybe turning invisible? Then I could be out an about on my own without having to worry about my safety so much because no one would know I was there. I could actually go for solo walks at night. I'd just have to be really careful about crossing streets.

Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other goths or gothy people?

It depends. If I'm all dressed up and I look nice, then yes usually. If not then it's just like, "Wait, I can be marvelously gothy. Please believe me."

Which is more important for a look: great hair or great makeup?

Makeup.

Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture?

I just wish there was more community in my area. I want to meet people.

Care to share and embarrassing story related to your "darkliness"?

How about the vast majority of my old website?

How are you at DIY?

I'm ok at it. It depends what I'm trying to do.

Quickly describe your ideal wedding.

I don't even know. I know I want to get married eventually but I don't know what I want it to be like.

True or False:

I love watching cheesy romance films: False

I always remember to wash off my makeup at night: True

I sleep with plushies: True

I wear non-black pajamas most nights: True

I still listen to a boy band that had disbanded years ago: False

I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated: False

I don't like vampires: False

I don't like clubs: False

I'm dating a goth/darkly-inclined person: Ehhh...they can appreciate dark things but they aren't goth.

I don't enjoy graveyards: False

Blood makes me queasy: True

I'd sooner faint than pet a spider: True

I don't like haunted houses: I'm really not sure

I still browse Hot Topic's clearance racks: False (there isn't a Hot Topic close enough to me.)

I've never read Dracula: True

I think "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is a long and boring song: True (though I like it better than a lot of Bauhaus's stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment