Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Look at the...Screw it, You Know I've Been Gone Longer Than a Week

         I have been gone for a long time. A very long time. Many months. As no one reads this, that does not matter. However, if you follow my vlogs, then you know some of what I've been up to.

       So, I'm kind of back. What have I been up to recently? As always let's go over it point by point.

What I've Been Up To:

       I've started a blog for my photography. I also have a blog for reblogging other people's art, so anyone who posts their work on Tumblr and wants me to take a look at it should let me know. Besides that I've been working on my professional website, trying to pick up freelance work, and preparing for college. Woo.

       I also got to attend the Sacramento Love Horror Film Festival. That was excellent. The films were great and the live entertainment was just wonderful. Some of it might have been a bit crude for some people's tastes (*ahem* my grandmother whom I went with) but I absolutely loved it. I'm am just sad that I won't be in the area in October, when Voltaire will be performing at the Sacramento Horror Film Festival. I would love to get to see that. Someday I'll get to see him live.
     
       Have some photos.


What I've Been Listening To:

       I ended up revisiting Black Veil Brides, a band I haven't listened to regularly since middle school. I found that Andy has released his own solo album, The Shadow Side (and is apparently going by a different last name again?). Let me just say that I am absolutely in love. The music is great, and the video for We Don't Have to Dance is absolute perfection. As a videographer I am jealous. Those night shots are so crisp. As far as the music itself is concerned, I am particularly fond of Ribcage, though the message of Stay Alive is definitely a worthy one.

Some Posts I've Loved:

       I have been too busy to be super involved in the blog scene lately, but I do know that Spooky Loop was sporting some awesome nose jewelry that I am truthfully jealous of. Additionally, Crypt Tips wrote a nice post on dealing with baby bats.

Other Things of Interest:

       I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but I am really eager to watch this documentary featuring beloved goth YouTuber It's Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment